Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby on the brain...


For those of you who don't know me (or know our latest news), my husband and I are expecting our second child in June. And it's a girl! So I apologize for 2 baby shower posts in a row, but I guess I have baby on the brain these days. So— onto the post!

I was flipping through my Stationery Trends magazine last week and saw these adorable cupcake wrappers from Paper Orchid.

This reminded me a baby shower invitation I did a couple of years ago with my friend Totty from Boots & Totty. As you can tell by reading her blog, Totty is ridiculously creative, hip and has tons of cute, out-of-the-box ideas. She had seen a "modern nest" baby shower theme over at Hostess with the Mostess and passed the idea onto me to design the invitation. It's such a fun theme and definitely on the unexpected side for a baby shower, but anyone that has had a baby or is about to knows that nesting is all part of the process!

Here are some inspirational pictures to give you an idea of how great this party could look:


Check out the full post here, with all of the great details. And back to the cupcake wrapper, wouldn't it be the perfect nest for this adorable cupcake from Martha Stewart?
 


So tying this all together, here is the invitation we came up with along with the stickers to go in the books for the baby's library...

 And a few other birdie invites to look at, too...



 
And if you're not planning a baby shower anytime soon, I think the cupcakes and wrappers would be so cute for Easter, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment