Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Babies and now puppies?

I know, it's a little trite. I keep talking about babies, baby showers, etc, and now I'm moving on to puppies. But, I have good reason! Meet Hutch, our new golden retriever puppy that we got last week. He's an adorable, and quirky 13 week old ball of love. These pics show both him being adorable and quirky, since he eats laying down. Do you think we need to get a doggy bowl table?


For those of you thinking I'm crazy right now, with a two-year old, a business and a baby due in less than 4 months, do not worry, I have thought through every detail of what a puppy brings and this is a calculated move! Just ask my sister, I think of every detail before entering into something like this and fortunately for me (unfortunately for her) I will review every angle at length over the course of multiple phone calls to her before concluding that my gut instinct was right in the first place. It's an exhausting process, but no stone goes left unturned. Ask her. She'll tell you...

So the whole point of this long intro is that I have been reminded by Hutch that a puppy (or dog) is really just another member of your family. Our first dog that we sadly had to put down in December was our first child, and I like to think I'm not alone in thinking of pets like kids. So if you fall into that category, this post is for you— a doggie birthday party (or even just a pet playdate!) Here's what I'm thinking...


Set the scene with these pawprint ballons, party hats and doggie kerchiefs.


Think a backyard picnic with galvanized tubs for chilled water, treat bowls, and open space for them to play. I'd supply a stack of frisbees and a bucket of tennis balls. For the adults you can do a "dog bar" with hot dogs, chili dogs, and corn dogs with all the fixins and for our canine friends look at these treat recipes I've found:



 
and a cake for the guest of honor.





Sounds messy to me, so you'll need something to wipe your paws on—




And for a take-home "doggie bag," how about the cute treats in a pawprint carry out box?

No comments:

Post a Comment