Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on it's way...

Between Martha Stewart and Pottery Barn, I think I could go nuts decorating for Easter. Unfortunately, I am not hosting this year, so I won't get to put all of these great decorations to use, but I can still ooh and aah over the thought of it, right?

For those hosting Easter lunch or dinner for family or friends, here are some great images that I've found...

For the table top, I love the idea of fresh cut spring flowers and ceramic bunnies. If you want a more casual, rustic approach, think terracotta pots, galvanized tin and earthy materials like linen napkins tied with twine for napkin rings.

Table top inspiration from Pottery Barn 

My mom always did an Easter tree for us, with hanging egg and bunny ornaments, and I loved it. I have all of the ornaments now, and have yet to do a tree since I've had them in my possession. There's always next year, right? Pottery Barn now sells an Easter tree or for those of you that are the crafty type, directions on how to make your own can be found here.

But don't forget the kids on Easter, either. While an adult table can be fun to decorate, you could go crazy with a kids table. I would start with a paper table cloth and crayons in a small tin or terracotta pot. To balance out all of the candy, how about a basket of "bunny food"? You could use a grapevine or other nature-inspired basket that I'm sure you could find at Michaels , or line the above birdsnest planter with lettuce leaves and fill it with baby carrots, celery, broccoli, grape tomatoes and a light dip. You could even drip some gummy worms over the edges and bury a few in the vegetables to make it seem more garden-like. The below shots aren't for an Easter table per se, but it gives a good idea of what you could do with a paper flower and grass approach.


And for favors for the kiddos, I love these grass baskets and envelope bunnies.

And you really can't plan an affair like this and not send out an invitation, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment