Friday, March 5, 2010

Yellow + A Spring Wedding = True Love

Let me preface this post by saying that I have been having technical difficulties with adding pictures for days now, so I apologize for it taking me all week to get this up! And of course the last one that I need to add and can't is the invitation. I'm going to go ahead and post since it's been all week and I can't seem to get this to work and I will add the invitation next week. Until then, I'll let your imagination run wild as to what type of invitation we could do. I'll give you a hint that this event screams letterpress on beautiful, soft Italian paper...

I feel like I'm seeing alot of yellow in weddings lately and I absolutely love it! While looking through my Martha Stewart Weddings 15th anniversary edition, I came across this perfect cake and I couldn't help thinking of all the fabulous things you could do with a mainly yellow color palette and an outdoor wedding.




So the cake inspired this invitation, but really I just wanted something to set the tone for an outdoor wedding with an old-fashioned glass lemonade jug. How can you resist this?



And you're wondering where you set a lemonade jug? This looks like the perfect spot to me:

The next pictures speak for themselves so I'll just post them as some inspirational eye candy:


Daisy hor d'oeurves toothpicks
Icy vodka in fruit
Packets of sunscreen for outdoor weddings
Raffia fans to cool the guests down
A beautiful outdoor setting as seen here
A more intimate table
Menu card set inside the plate
More yellow inspiration

And if the cake that inspired me is a bit modern for your taste, how about one of these?



I love the idea of an eyelet cake with these adorable eyelet bridesmaids dresses. Well, really an eyelet dress you could have all your bridesmaids wear.

 
And if the group is hesitant to wear yellow as most women are, how about eyelet in another color from my absolute favorite bridesmaid dress line, Aria Dress...

And for your grand exit:

No comments:

Post a Comment