Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive!

I whole-heartedly apologize for the lack of posting in recent weeks. I can't believe it's actually been 3 weeks since my last post! I would ask, where has the time gone? but I know exactly where! I have been crazy-busy with work! (and a two-year old, and a puppy, and being exhausted from being 7 months pregnant, and having my best college friends in town, and traveling for a long Easter weekend...) but mainly work!

I think the chaos started a few weeks ago when in the same week I was fortunate enough to gain an incredible (and well-known!) new client (but I will resist in bragging about who) and I also was awarded another project from one of my favorite clients, the Smithsonian American Art Museum, for an upcoming exhibit opening with some incredible lenders (read: more famous people) that are involved with the Opening and invitation approval. So, after I shed a few holy-sh*t-I'm-so-overwhelmed-that-famous-people-will-be-judging-my-work tears, I pulled it together and got back to work. In the last few weeks I have crossed a ton of jobs off my list, which is always SO satisfying:

• 2 large weddings (and programs, welcome booklets, dinner menus, placecards, and a few other things to go along with them...)
• birth announcements
• 2 baby shower invitations
• a wedding save-the-date
• a pre-wedding BBQ invitation
• a bridesmaids' poolside luncheon invitation
• a Garden Day party invitation
• a rehearsal dinner invitation, menus & placecards

and that's not even including my corporate clients, with the exhibit opening invite, a print ad, a brochure and a few other things... Goodness! No wonder I haven't posted in a few weeks!

I've enjoyed doing it all and am posting a few of the invites so you can see what I've been up to. I promise to get back to regular posting soon! Thanks for reading and for being patient with me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment